Super Sunday is fast approaching over the next week or so. So I decided to do a recipe series that is diabetic-friendly (low-carb) and delicious.
One of favorite thing in the world is meatballs…
I’m starting to drool writing this.
Here is a great personal recipe you can use for Superbowl Sunday or any other day of the week.
Spicy Asian Meatballs
1 pound of ground beef
1/2 pound of pork
1 large egg
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/4 cup white or yellow onion, minced
1 Tablespoon of red pepper flakes
1/2 Tablespoons of sesame oil
2 teaspoons of soy sauce (low-sodium)
1/8 cup of chopped cilantro
pinch of black pepper
*Sweet Chili and/or Hoisin Sauce (mixed with a little soy sauce to cut the sweetness) for dipping. Use sparingly since they do contain sugar in them.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix all that goodness in a large bowl
- Now make your meatballs about the size of a ping-pong ball
- Place your meatballs in a glass baking pan
- Bake about 20 min or until desire taste (med-rare, medium, well done)
- Serve with tooth picks and dipping sauce
- Get ready to enjoy a great football game and dig in.
Keep an eye out for more great diabetic (low-carb) recipes leading up to Superbowl Sunday.
Questions? Comments? Got Another Recipe You’d Like to Add?