Part II of Celebrities with Diabetes…
If you missed Part I, here it is!
- Paula Deen. The queen of homestyle country cooking recently admitted having type 2 diabetes for the last 3 years. She said she is not going to change her eating habits only going to change the portion size of which she eats. Let’s see how that goes!
- Jay Cutler. The NFL quarterback (Chicago Bears) revealed he was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes back in 2008.
- “Smokin” Joe Frazier.The legendary hall of fame boxer lived with diabetes a great portion of his life.
- Ray Kroc. The Founder of McDonald’s lived with diabetes. Looks like those Big Macs didn’t payoff !
- James Brown. The “godfather of soul”. The Grammy award-winning singer lived with diabetes. His song “I Feel Good” was a cover for his diabetes (kidding)
- Johnny Cash. AKA “the man in black” had type 2 diabetes that caused him to develop autonomic neuropathy that caused him to stop touring back in the late 90s.
- Randy Jackson.The American Idol judge lives with type 2 diabetes. He is the spokesman for The American Heart Association’s, The Heart of Diabetes. He contributes losing weight as one of the biggest factors in controlling his diabetes.
- Nick Jonas.Singer for the Jonas Brothers has type 1 diabetes and has been featured in many diabetes awareness campaigns.
- B.B. King. One of my idols! The blues god has been living and struggling with type 2 diabetes. He is an very active in the diabetes community, bringing awareness about the disease.
- Ernest Hemingway. The infamous writer had type 2 diabetes. The disease lead to an early for him.
As you can see diabetes affects people from all walks of life. The rich, the poor, famous or not.
It is important to remember that you are not alone in your fight against diabetes. Reach out for a helping hand if and when you need it.
Having support (friends, family, support groups, chat forums) is one of the biggest tools you can have when fighting this life altering disease.
The important thing to remember is you can reverse your diabetes and win!